STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS & TOOLS
A “HOW TO” SEMINAR or PROCESS FOR PASTORS, CHURCH LEADERS, EXEC. DIRECTORS OF ORGANIZATIONS, BOARD-MEMBERS
THIS PROCESS OR SEMINAR WILL PROVIDE A GUIDE TO STRATEGIC PLANNING FOR A CHURCH OR OTHER CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION. IT WILL OUTLINE SEVERAL EFFECTIVE METHODS FOR MAKING REAL CHANGE IGNITING DECISIONS.
WHAT’S MOST IMPORTANT IS WE CAN CUSTOMIZE THIS SEMINAR FOR YOUR OWN SITUATION, CHURCH, OR ORGANIZATION.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN ABOUT –
1. COMMITTED LEADERSHIP – the availability and identification of strong, spirit-minded Christians who are committed to the work of your specific local church as a key priority in their lives and to the Strategic Planning process.
2. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION & MODELING – a willingness of the church leadership to first model the desired behaviour necessary to achieve the identified goals and objectives and then to communicate these and motivate others to contribute to their achievement.
3. VISION STATEMENT – why your church exists; this Vision may actually be similar to the Vision Statement of another Christian body of believers since it is drawn from the instructions given to us in the Scriptures.
4. MISSION – this component clarifies the unique role that your specific local church has as it fulfils its Vision.
5. CORE VALUES – these represent the uncompromisable “givens” of your specific local church and are espoused by all leaders and regular participants of the assembly.
6. MOTTO – this is a short maxim or concisely expressed rule of conduct adopted as an overall principle of behaviour, usually attempting to encompass the vision, mission, and core values to the greatest extent possible. It is very effective in communicating or expressing the key character of the body.
7. KEY RESULTS AREAS – these are specific areas or functions of a church and/or its ministry that will be impacted by the Vision, Mission, and Values of the church and in turn will be indicators of how well the Values are embraced, the Mission fulfilled, and the Vision realized.
8. GOALS OR OBJECTIVES – these are the measurable targets that are established under each Key Result Area in order to pursue the Mission and Vision of the church; they may be short, intermediate, or long-range.
9. ACTION PLANS – these are more detailed descriptions of how each goal or objective will be achieved by the church; they involve timelines and specific accountabilities assigned to individuals that will be responsible for making them happen.
10. PROGRESS REPORTING, ASSESSING, & REVIEWING MECHANISMS – a means whereby the church leadership can determine at any time where it stands with respect to its goals and objectives and make any necessary adjustments.
11. CELEBRATION – a willingness to celebrate the blessings in the whole community!
GETTING BOARDS & STAFF TOGETHER FOR GOD!
For any of the above services or other ways we may be of service to you, please contact:
167 Pemberton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2M 1Y9, Canada