STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS & TOOLS
A “HOW TO” TOOL or SEMINAR FOR EXECUTIVES, MANAGERS, BOARD MEMBERS, AND STRATEGIC PLANNING PERSONNEL
THIS PROCESS WILL PROVIDE A GUIDE TO STRATEGIC PLANNING FOR A BUSINESS OF ANY SIZE. IT WILL OUTLINE SEVERAL EFFECTIVE METHODS FOR MAKING REAL CHANGE IGNITING DECISIONS.
WHAT’S MOST IMPORTANT IS WE CAN CUSTOMIZE THIS PROCESS FOR YOUR OWN SITUATION AND BUSINESS.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN ABOUT –
1. COMMITTED LEADERSHIP – the availability and identification of strong, spirit-minded individuals that are committed to the work of your specific organization as a key priority in their lives and to the Strategic Planning process.
2. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION & MODELING – a willingness of the leadership to first model the desired behaviour necessary to achieve the identified goals and objectives and then to communicate these and motivate others to contribute to their achievement.
3. VISION STATEMENT – why your company exists; this Vision may actually be similar to the Vision Statement of another similarly-focused organization in the same industry since it is drawn from the desire to produce goods or services in the marketplace.
4. MISSION – this component clarifies the unique role that your specific organization has as it fulfils its Vision.
5. CORE VALUES – these represent the uncompromisable “givens” of your specific organization and are espoused by all leaders and employees.
6. MOTTO – this is a short maxim or concisely expressed rule of conduct adopted as an overall principle of behaviour, usually attempting to encompass the vision, mission, and core values to the greatest extent possible. It is very effective in communicating or expressing the key character of the organization.
7. KEY RESULTS AREAS – these are specific areas or functions of an organization that will be impacted by the Vision, Mission, and Values of the company and in turn will be indicators of how well the Values are embraced, the Mission fulfilled, and the Vision realized.
8. GOALS OR OBJECTIVES – these are the measurable targets that are established under each Key Result Area in order to pursue the Mission and Vision of the organization; they may be short, intermediate, or long-range.
9. ACTION PLANS – these are more detailed descriptions of how each goal or objective will be achieved by the organization; they involve timelines and specific accountabilities assigned to individuals that will be responsible for making them happen.
10. PROGRESS REPORTING, ASSESSING, & REVIEWING MECHANISMS – a means whereby organization leadership can determine at any time where it stands with respect to its goals and objectives and make any necessary adjustments.
11. CELEBRATION – a willingness to celebrate the achievements in the whole organizational community!
GETTING BOARDS & STAFF TOGETHER FOR GOOD!
For any of the above services or other ways we may be of service to you, please contact:
167 Pemberton Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2M 1Y9, Canada